Whether gaseous sugary drinks are your thing or not, Pepsi’s Refresh Project is giving away a $25,000 grant to individuals or organizations that submits the best proposals to address a need they are passionate about. She Shall Go Free, an organization that fights sex trafficking and raises awareness about gender-based violence, has submitted their proposal to Pepsi with hopes to use the money for the following:
- $9,500 – T-shirts with specific themes to raise funds for the organization. Read more about SSGF’s rationale for this.
- $6,000 – Funding scholarships for job training/basic education for trafficking survivors
- $6,000 – Providing emergency financial assistance to women in need
- $3,000 – Purchasing urgently needed items for local shelters and organizations
- $500 – Maintenance costs for the organization
Out of all of the participants, She Shall Go Free is currently ranked #36! They must place in the top 10 in order to receive the grant. If you believe in this vision, please VOTE HERE for their proposal. (You can choose to vote with your facebook ID…we found this to be the easiest method). Voting ends on September 30 and you can vote every day for the rest of the month, so don’t put it off. Be sure to also check out the SSGF blog and facebook group. Keep up the great work SSGF, you have Hope for the Sold’s vote!
Tomorrow I will be posting about why Canada’s MP Joy Smith is causing some gentlemen to shake in their boots! Be sure to check out tomorrow’s post here at HFTS, especially if you call Canada your