Here’s a paradox: pornography is getting more violent, sexist, and racist as it’s becoming more mainstream.
- 88% of porn scenes contain physical aggression (spanking, gagging, slapping)
- 49% of porn scenes contain verbal aggression (ie. name-calling)
Kids are finding porn online.
- 9 out of 10 boys and 6 out of 10 girls are exposed to online pornography before the age of 18
- 83% of boys and 57% of girls have been exposed to group sex online
- On average, a boy will first see porn at 12 years old
The age of showing ID at the video store to get access to adult content is gone, and it’s time we start protecting kids from being exposed to harmful online content. The first step is to have a frank and honest conversation about porn.
This is why we’ve made a new film called Over 18, and we’re in full swing planning our tour across the nation!
Wanna help us get the word out?
- Share the trailer. If you’re a parent or know people with kids, send the trailer their way!
- Attend the premiere. Reserve your tickets here!
- Host a screening. We’re booking screenings for October and November, and would love to bring Over 18 to your community. Contact us here to get the ball rolling!
We’re excited to kick off this important conversation in our country, and hope you’ll join us.