Do you have a heart for women in the sex industry? Do you want to get trained for outreach?
Treasures, founded by Harmony Dust Grillo, a former stripper, is one of the world’s leading sex industry outreach and care training organizations. We met Harmony when we interviewed her for Red Light Green Light, a documentary on prostitution and sex trafficking. She’s an example of someone who’s turned a difficult past into an effective opportunity, and as a result many are finding hope and healing.
On March 17-18, Treasures is running their annual training course for those interested in doing outreach in their own community. Whether you’re a social worker, a church leader, a police officer, a youth worker, or just someone with a passion to do outreach, this is for you.
We’re giving away ONE FREE TICKET (valued at $480USD) to attend the training!
Here’s what’s included:
- 2 training days – core training on Friday and care intensive on Saturday
- 108 page manual
- Lunch for both days
Total ticket value: $480. (Travel to and accommodations in Los Angeles not included)
Topics covered at the training:
- Developing a vision for your local community
- Building relationships with the clubs
- Best practices for outreach and care
- Integrating faith
- Developing a team
- Spiritual foundations and the role of the local church
- Outreach strategies
- Sex trafficking and the commercial Sex Industry
- Psychological chains: Exploring the psycho-social factors related to commercial sexual exploitation and trafficking
- Aftercare and mentoring for the women
- Culture and context
- Self-care and boundaries
- Fundraising for your outreach
The rules are simple! Here’s how you can enter the contest:
Send an email to us at email@example.com and include the following:
- Email subject line: Treasures Training
- In the email body, include your name and where you’re from (submissions aren’t limited to those living in the U.S.)
- Attach or include a link to a video of yourself telling us why you’d like to attend the training, and why you believe it would benefit your efforts to do outreach/care. You can make the video on your cell phone or by using photo booth or another computer program (or a RED camera if you happen to have one of those lying around!). But it’s content we’re looking at, so no need to get fancy.
Deadline for entries is Friday Feb.17. We will announce the winner on our Facebook page on Monday Feb.20. We will notify the winner by email as well.
We plan to do more giveaways here, so sign up for our newsletter so you don’t miss out!
Know someone who might be interested in outreach training? Send this post their way!