When my husband Jay and I drove across Canada to make the Hope for the Sold documentary about sex trafficking, we met and interviewed Canada’s leading expert on the issue, UBC law professor Benjamin Perrin.
This guy knew his stuff so well that we barely had to ask questions to prompt him in the interview! As we were leaving and the elevator doors were closing, he stuck his hand into the elevator to give us more reading material – our hour with him was well spent to the last minute. Not only has Benjamin done his research, but from the moment you meet him it is evident that he is passionate about the fight for justice and helping people.
So it is with excitement that I introduce to you Invisible Chains: Canada’s Underground World of Human Trafficking by Benjamin Perrin. The book is coming out this fall on October 5, and you can pre-order it here. Invisible Chains is the first book about trafficking in Canada, which I believe is a necessary step if we are to end sexual exploitation and modern-day slavery in our country.
Here are the book tour dates:
- Tuesday October 12: Toronto 6:30pm – 9:00pm Location & Tickets
- Wednesday October 13: Montreal 6:30pm-9:00pm Location & Tickets
- Thursday October 14: Winnipeg 6:30pm-9:00pm Location & Details
- Monday October 18: Vancouver 6:30pm-9:00pm Location & Tickets
- Friday October 22: Calgary 6:30pm-9:00pm Location & Tickets
- Saturday October 23: Edmonton 1:30pm-4:00pm Location & Tickets
- Wednesday October 27: Ottawa 12:00pm-2:30pm Location & Tickets
Tickets are free but make sure to reserve your spot!