“I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.”
― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
October always feels like a New Year, doesn’t it? Exactly one year ago, we were packing up our gear and booking flights to go film our documentary. Twelve months have flown by. And once again, the colours are changing.
Wrapping up the editing process and preparing for a film tour has made for an intense and exciting end of summer. In these seasons of busyness, I want to take a moment to pause. As William Wadsworth says so succinctly:
“Rest and be thankful.”
1. I am thankful for Dave, a dear friend and the editor of our film, who has endured many (very) late nights in the last couple of weeks to get this documentary to where it needs to be.
2. I am thankful for the generosity and encouragement of Hope for the Sold donors, as well as every host that has opened their home to us during our travels.
3. I am thankful for my co-workers at Well.ca, who spoiled me on my last day of work and sent me off with a heart full of encouragement and hands full of fair trade chocolate.
4. I am thankful for our interns and friends, who are doing an excellent job setting up connections all over the country.
6. I am thankful for a husband who keeps my chin up, keeps me organized, and always pushes for the impossible.
7. I am thankful for our parents, Ari, Lea, Gord & Karen – as well as our third set of parents in this season, Gary and Leslie – who have given us counsel and resources along the way.
8. I am thankful that we live in a trailer, so that we can keep our living costs low and have margin to pursue things that matter.
9. I am thankful that we get to take our film on tour, so we can rally up support for preventative initiatives all across Canada and the U.S.
10. I am thankful for Eric Fuslier, Dan Leytham, Tony Anderson, and Amy Nodwell, whose music sets the mood of our film.
11. I am thankful for each interviewee that gave us their time.
12. I am thankful for YOU, dear Hope for the Sold reader, for supporting us for all these years.
I am thankful for the beautiful colours of changing seasons.